Job title: Trainer, Assistive Technology (Part-time)
We are seeking an experienced user of low vision assistive technology to provide IT lessons to clients of Guide Dogs Singapore Ltd (GDS).
• Conduct one-to-one training sessions, each session of about two hours
• Participate in group sessions, such as physical information and demonstration sessions, or online group workshops
• Preparation of training materials
• Participate in the planning and design of different group sessions and workshop sessions
Trainers should ideally be able to conduct training on both weekdays and Saturdays. As different clients have varying availability and schedules, trainers will need to liaise with their clients to schedule training sessions.
Trainers may expect an average of three training sessions per week, subject to demand of training and client’s availability.
As a freelance trainer with GDS, you should have the following:
• Familiarity with accessibility services on both iOS and Android
• Familiarity with Windows or Mac OS, and its accompanying accessibility services
• Able to conduct training in English; ability to converse and conduct training in a second language would be an advantage
• Strong interest in general technology and in touch with the assistive technology space
• Good communication skills
• Patience and empathy
• Ability to problem-solve and find solutions to meet the diverse needs of clients
• A team player
Please share any achievements that support your job application. For candidates without teaching experience, GDS will provide training.
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org